In what will probably be a pathetic attempt at wrangling together my 100 things, I’ve decided to partake in the Thursday Thirteen! So, for the next eight weeks (likely more as I’m sure I’ll “forget” at least once) I’m going to put together 13 things about me in my Thursday Thirteen. At the end of the eight weeks (or longer) I’ll have 104, of which I’ll delete four awful ones, which should be easy enough, and have 100 for my “about me!” Or maybe it will just be 104 things.
Allison’s Thursday Thirteen: Part 1
1. I love buffalo chicken. Wings, sandwiches, salads, pizzas, you name it! If it’s buffalo chicken I’m all over it.
2. I don’t drink soda. I gave it up as a New Years Resolution in ninth grade and to this day it remains the one resolution I have stuck to. (One caveat: I’ll drink diet soda with vodka.)
3. I have been with Zach for over five years. Our relationship has lasted longer than most of the couples I know, and is longer than some of the marriages.
4. I still smoke cigarettes on occasion. It’s a nasty habit, I know. Never around my son.
5. I lived in Tallahassee, Florida, for 6 months in 2001. Otherwise, I’ve spent all of my time living in Pittsburgh, or in Massachusetts for college.
6. I hate throw up. It makes me nauseous, anxious, and really unhappy. I can smell it for hours after it’s gone. I generally have to shower if Alex throws up even partly on me. If I never had to deal with throw up again, I wouldn’t.
7. I don’t get scared during scary movies. Ever. They just don’t scare me.
8. I make unbelievably good chocolate chip cookies. They are sweet, perfectly undercooked, gooey madness.
9. I don’t know what I want to be when I “grow up.” I think I want to be a nurse, but I don’t really know. I don’t think I can know until I do it.
10. I was raised an only child. I always wanted a sibling, but I’m glad I was an only child now.
11. I don’t make friends easily. While I can get along with almost anyone, I don’t make real friends quickly. It takes a long time for me to get close to someone.
12. I was a dancer when I was growing up. Not a ballerina, but I was very into dancing and was on a dance team, performed all the time and wanted to be a professional tap dancer.
13. I am addicted to Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. It is amazing.
…seriously, I have to come up with 100? This was hard enough! I’m a really, really, boring person.