This is part 5 in my Thursday Thirteen series, getting me up to 104 things about me!
Allison’s Thursday Thirteen: Part 5
1. I was in the 5th percentile for height until I was in 5th grade. I hit a growth spurt at that time, and since then have been just above average. I’m 5′5″ now.
2. I love to sleep. If I could, I would sleep for 12 hours a night and be thrilled.
3. I took four years of French. I couldn’t hold a conversation in french if my life depended on it!
4. I have gone on many long drives. My Mother and I always drove places. We drove from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin, PA to Florida, PA to MA, PA to ME, PA to AR…basically, I have spent an enormous amount of time in the car!
5. I type at around 100 words per minute It varies a bit. I just took two typing tests online and got 98 and 112 wpm. (I am always about 95% accurate too.)
6. I have freakish hair. It grows insanely fast. I can chop it all off and within a year it will be back down to my shoulders.
7. I love taking baths. I don’t take them to get clean, but to relax. Generally, I shower and then take a bath to relax. It’s wasteful, so it doesn’t happen very often.
8. I hate buying people presents from a list. I feel like it doesn’t show how much I care when I just choose a gift from a wish-list (like on Amazon.com), so I try to rely on thinking of something on my own.
9. I love to shop. Fortunately, I’m also really cheap. The two even each other out pretty well.
10. I have bad knees. They got bad during that growth spurt and have never been great since then. While I rarely feel them now, I still can’t run very much without them throbbing.
11. I love Pixar. They make the most unbelievable movies.
12. I enjoy reading Sci-Fi. My most recent read was “Red Planet” and I loved it.
13. I wish I had a talent. Most people are amazing at something and I haven’t yet found my something. Hopefully I will.