The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardee must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.
(Can I take a moment and say that I blushed when I read that? I feel so special!)
So, ten honest things about me, in no particular order (unless you count the order of how my mind comes up with ten things):
- I have lived in over 18 different places in my life. I have lived all over the city of Pittsburgh, in houses and apartments, and lived in Florida for a (not so lovely) short time during my sophomore year of high school and Massachusetts during my three years at Smith College.
- I get cold really easily. When most people are comfortable, I’m cold. When most people are complaining of the heat, I’m comfortable.
- When I cook, 90% of the time it is with some asian influence. I find “American” food horrendously boring, and I rarely find meat and potatoes to be anywhere near as good as stir fry on rice, indian or thai curry, or udon noodles topped with just about anything. I use soy sauce, ginger, chili paste and sesame seeds more than seems possible.
- I have successfully lost at least 40 pounds. I estimated my starting weight when I began this weight loss journey in January, so I don’t know the exact amount. I am very happy about it (though I still have a bit more to go), but very not amused that this weight loss has given me gallstones and the need for surgery in August.
- I didn’t learn how to study until I left Smith College. While I was a pretty good student during my three years at Smith, it wasn’t until I was home with an infant and limited time to focus that I really learned how to study. I currently have a 115% in one of my classes thanks to a great curve, but without the curve I would have a 98%.
- I know nothing about pop culture. If you name a singer, actor, model, or just about anything to do with the behind the scenes of movies and TV, I won’t know who you are talking about. There are exceptions, of course, but for the most part I never know what people are talking about. It obviously doesn’t bother me enough to put any effort into learning about these things. But I do know all about the Real Housewives of everywhere and Jon and Kate.
- I kind of have 7 siblings. My father was married before he met my mother, and with his first wife he had 7 children. So, I have 7 half siblings. And something like 23 nephews and nieces, including many who were my nephews/nieces before I was born.
- I want to have another child. One day, not now or any time soon, I would like to have another child. I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl, though I always pictured myself as a mom of an older boy and a younger girl about five years apart. So, here’s hoping I can convince Zach of that!
- I would go vegetarian if Zach would. I don’t want to have to deal with making separate meals, and while Zach has become very willing to eat many vegetarian meals I prepare, I’m pretty sure he would have a conniption if I took all meat out of our diet.
And now I must tag: